Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 15: Reflections

I feel like it took me a while to get into the swing of things. Now sitting here at week 15 I can say I finally got it. Of course it is over now though... *sigh* Oh well. Some weeks, I couldn't be paid to write. I did it but very unwillingly. Then there were some weeks I had to make myself stop writing. I have some stories that I really like. I have been thinking of taking a couple of them and making them longer. I want them to be full stories with complex characters. It might be something I do over Christmas break. I usually read but writing my own doesn't sound too bad.

At first I thought a blog would be dreadful. I wanted nothing to do with it. When I look back at it now, I'm somewhat glad that I did it. It is a new skill and something different. I actually did some work for this class driving in the car and waiting in the airport. I liked how easy it was.

This class made me use my creativity. Taking math and science classes hinders my creative side from coming out. It makes me, someone who spends 90% of her time day dreaming, needs a creative outlet. I liked reading other people's work. It allowed me to change mine and make it better.

I really liked the constructive criticism that was given on each of my portfolio stories. Even when I would read my own stories there were still things I wouldn't catch. I tried to use the critiques in my future writings but once again they escaped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment